Pupil Premium Funding
Students currently in receipt of Free School Meals, or who have been in receipt of Free School Meals at some point in the previous 6 years, are on our Pupil Premium register.
This enables St John’s to claim Pupil Premium funding from the government on behalf of students, allowing us to enhance their learning experience.
St John’s spends the majority of its pupil premium funding on additional in-class support, but we also think it is important to offer practical support to students so they are able to enjoy a full range of opportunities.
Additional benefits available to Pupil Premium students are:
- A free breakfast from the St John’s canteen. Hot chocolate, fruit juice, bacon rolls, sausage rolls, porridge, fresh fruit or toast are available. Grab bags are also available for late arrivals.
- Students are given a Pupil Premium card to use in the St John’s library shop to obtain stationary and revision guides free of charge.
- After school clubs requiring payment are free to those students who are currently entitled to Free School Meals, or half price when household income is less than £25,000pa.
- The St John’s Opportunity Fund can subsidise the cost of school trips for students from low income households.
- A subsidy of 50% is available for compulsory school uniform and compulsory PE kit if students are currently entitled to Free School Meals.
- St John’s is also able to support the cost of activities outside of school. If students prefer to take part in a group activity, such as a course at Marlborough Leisure Centre, membership of a local sports club, orchestra or cadets, financial support may be available.