Free School Meals
Free School Meals are available for students where their parents or guardians (not foster parents) are in receipt of any of the following:
- Income Support or Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit and whose annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) does not exceed £16191. Your tax credit notice (Form TC602) will tell you this
- Guaranteed element of the state pension credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Income related employment support allowance
- Universal credit
Free School meals are NOT available to children of Parents/Guardians who receive Working Tax Credit unless it is Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
St John’s Marlborough administers the Free School Meals system for its students. Applications are now processed online. If you wish to apply online for free school meals please access the free school meals checker website via the “LINKS” > “For Parents” menu options above (or see link below) and St John’s will pick up your eligibility.
If you would prefer St John’s to make the application and all subsequent renewals you will need to download and complete the St John’s Free School Meal Application Form below and send it to St John’s for the attention of Mrs S Woodburn. St John’s will confirm by email or letter when your child’s free school meals will start. You will need to inform Mrs Woodburn if your circumstances change or if another child is due to start at St John’s.
If you wish to discuss a claim in confidence, please contact Mrs Woodburn on 01672 519567.