After School Clubs
At St John’s we recognise the importance of interest and hobbies outside of the classroom and we encourage all pupils to take part in clubs for at least two hours a week – a wide range of activities such as sport, arts, music, hobbies, volunteering, mentoring, homework clubs, and booster sessions are on offer. Research has proven that young people who do take part in extra curricular activities have increased confidence, higher self-esteem, and greater social skills – attributes we are keen to nurture to ensure our students succeed in life.
Where appropriate, we are now giving parents the opportunity to pay for the club for the whole year. The cost of this option is shown on the Permission Slip. Please note we will only be able to refund this option if the course does not run for the number of weeks shown.
St John’s Opportunity Fund provides money to subsidise the cost of clubs to help ensure that young people do not miss out because of financial constraints at home. This funding is automatically available to students who are entitled to Free School Meals. If your family income is less than £25,000pa a 50% discount off the cost of any of the activities is available. Please provide a copy of your current tax year Tax Credit Notice Form (TC602) if this is the case.
- 2015-2016 Clubs and Activities letter (includes after school sports clubs timetable) PDF *
- After School Sports & Dance Clubs timetable – September 2015 (PDF)*
- Download an After School clubs timetable PDF
- Download Wiltshire Council’s “Get Active – Holiday Sports 2015” programme PDF
* Note: As of 10 Sep 2015, the Wednesday Swindon Town Football Skills Club is full. However, the club has said if there is enough interest, an additional course may be run. Parents of interested students should contact the coach on: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and enrolment, see http://officialsoccerschools.co.uk/stfitc/stfitc-after-school-club-st-john-s-702.html.
St John’s offers a wide variety of extra-curricular clubs and activities, some of which are run by community groups. Please visit our Community – External Users page for more information on other clubs held at St. John’s.
Homework club runs every Tuesdays & Thursdays 1.30pm-2:00pm and on Wednesdays & Fridays 1:45pm-2:00pm, both in F240.