Careers and Work Related Learning
The Careers and Work Related Learning Department covers a wide range of curriculum activities including careers education and guidance, as well as specific year group events. Documents and schemes of work are available on the Saber site under Careers & WRL. This includes an online careers library called Resource Companion, accessed through the Saber Home Page > Careers /WRL. Passwords for online resources are included in student planners.
All students receive careers education lessons focusing on helping them to use the knowledge and skills they develop to make successful transitions into the world of work. Individual careers guidance is offered to students from year 8 onwards and appointments can be organised through the Careers & WRL department. Please contact Mrs F Havill, Careers and Work Related Learning Manager, for any further information.
- Careers Education Lessons: Terms 1 & 2
- Careers Education Lessons: Terms 5 & 6
- The Real Game – 25th & 26th April and 9th & 10th May 2017
- Careers Education Lessons: Terms 3 & 4
- Careers Education Lessons: Term 4
- Year 10 Mock Interview Week 13th-16th March 2017
- Year 10 Work Experience: 3rd-7th July 2017 – relevant forms are available on the Saber – Careers / WRL page
- Post 16 options, assemblies and group guidance: Terms 1 & 2
- Guidance meetings throughout the year
Year 12 and 13
- Social Studies: careers sessions included throughout the year.
- Higher Education Fair: Wednesday 29th March 2017
(for years 10, 11 and 12)
- Careers Fair – Wednesday 9th November 2016 (years 9-13)